About Us

The Harris Animal Hospital was established in 1965. In 1977 after the death of Dr. Allan Harris, the founder, it became part of the veterinary practice of Shaw and Simon D.V.M.s that also owns the Village Animal Hospital on North Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa.  The facility at 5407 North 30th Street was one of the first facilities in this area to be built specifically to provide comprehensive, high quality medical and surgical care for domestic pet animal patients.

In 1982 we established the first low-cost Spay and Neuter clinic in Hillsborough County as part of Harris Animal Hospital.

In 1995 we had outgrown our facility.  We rebuilt at a new location at 1510 East Hillsborough Avenue.  This involved the redesigning and total renovation of an old Hardee’s Restaurant.  In December of 1995 we changed to the VetCare concept.  This emphasized and defined our image of consistent and uniformly superior standards and also identified our association with the Village office.